NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — A man was shot and killed in the New Orleans Hollygrove area on Thursday, Aug. 31.
Officials with the New Orleans Police Department said officers responded around 12:04 p.m. to a call of a person down in the 8800 block of Palmetto Street.
At the scene, officers said a male gunshot wound victim was found unresponsive. He was declared dead at the scene.
The Orleans Parish coroner identified the victim as 27-year-old Brennan Mitchell on Monday, Sept. 11.
Anyone with information about the homicide can call NOPD Homicide Section detectives at (504)-658-5300 or Crimestoppers at (504)-822-1111.
- Travis Kelce jersey sales increase nearly 400% after Taylor Swift attends Chiefs game: report
- Driver pleads not guilty in Vermont crash that killed actor Treat Williams
- New ‘Wild Encounters’ make debut at Audubon Zoo in New Orleans
- Gov. Edwards requests federal emergency declaration for saltwater intrusion in Mississippi River
- How to see the ‘ring of fire’ eclipse this October, total solar eclipse in April ’24