ST. JOHN THE BAPTIST PARISH, La. (WGNO) — All schools in St. John the Baptist Parish were placed on lockdown Thursday as detectives say they investigated a complaint.
Around 12:30 p.m., the St. John Sheriff’s Office said in a Facebook post that a large police presence was staged outside each school in the parish and that the campuses had been put on lockdown.
Other details regarding the incident were unclear, however, we’re told that detectives were investigating a complaint and that there was no threat at the schools.
About 15 minutes later, the sheriff’s office said the lockdown had been lifted, however, police would remain at the schools as the investigation continues.
Stay updated with the latest news, weather, and sports by downloading the WGNO app on the Apple or Google Play store and subscribing to the WGNO newsletter.
- Motorcycle safety tips to help reduce fatal crashes
- New Orleans Greek Festival concludes Sunday
- Lifeguards prepare for Memorial Day weekend crowds in Destin
- Louisiana man arrested for alleged sexual conduct with juvenile in Texas
- Delgado stays alive in JUCO World Series with 11-5 win over Andrew College