The ice cream truck struck Flores’ home while he was inside on Saturday, May 20. Initially, investigators believed the driver, 71-year-old Mechael Yousef Mansoor, had suffered a medical event when the crash happened.
Flores was taken to a hospital where he was listed in critical condition. He was later taken off life support and declared legally dead.
Mansoor’s charges of negligent injuring and reckless operation of a vehicle were later upgraded to negligent homicide.
Tutti Frutti will host a fundraiser on Sunday, June 4 for the Flores’ Go Fund Me. The store location at 817 West Esplanade Avenue will donate 20% of the day’s sales to the Flores family.
- Hunter Biden indicted on tax charges
- Madisonville girl threatens to ‘shoot up’ school, sheriff’s office reports
- Rare eclipse: Asteroid will pass in front of bright star Betelgeuse Monday
- Baton Rouge to New Orleans rail project gets federal funding
- Third victim of UNLV campus shooting identified by coroner