The ice cream truck struck Flores’ home while he was inside on Saturday, May 20. Initially, investigators believed the driver, 71-year-old Mechael Yousef Mansoor, had suffered a medical event when the crash happened.
Flores was taken to a hospital where he was listed in critical condition. He was later taken off life support and declared legally dead.
Mansoor’s charges of negligent injuring and reckless operation of a vehicle were later upgraded to negligent homicide.
Tutti Frutti will host a fundraiser on Sunday, June 4 for the Flores’ Go Fund Me. The store location at 817 West Esplanade Avenue will donate 20% of the day’s sales to the Flores family.
- Second Gentleman Doug Emhoff Condemns Antisemitism at National Menorah Lighting
- Where Hunter Biden’s charges stand
- Funding talks stalled in Congress
- Nearly half of men think they can safely land a plane in an emergency, survey finds
- Which states leave the best — and worst — tips at restaurants? New report explains