NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — The New Orleans Police Department is investigating a deadly shooting in an Algiers neighborhood that claimed a toddler’s life on Monday, Oct. 23.
According to police, around 2:47 p.m. they were called to the 3100 block of Rue Park Fontaine to investigate a 3-year-old girl shot in the area.
Upon arrival, officers found the child suffering from a gunshot wound. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
NOPD officers report one person was taken in for questioning but no arrests have been made.
The Orleans Parish Coroner’s Office later identified the 3-year-old as Pysrome Ordon.
No further details are available at this time. The NOPD is in the process of gathering evidence and information to determine a possible suspect and motive.
Anyone with additional information on this incident is asked to call NOPD Homicide Section detectives at (504)-658-5300 or Crimestoppers of Greater New Orleans at (504)-822-1111.
- Vikings WR Justin Jefferson taken to hospital with chest injury after big hit
- Mama June says daughter Anna ‘Chickadee’ Cardwell has died at 29
- Derrick Carr overcomes recent injuries and rough start, leads Saints past Panthers 28-6
- Trump reverses on testifying in New York fraud trial, says he won’t take the stand
- Bring a Trailer and Cars and Bids: How online auction sites work