NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — The New Orleans Police Department is investigating a double homicide in the New Orleans East area early Thursday morning.
According to officers, the shooting happened in the 5500 block of Michoud Boulevard around 4:13 a.m. on Nov. 16.
Upon arrival, officers say two unresponsive men were found inside a vehicle suffering from gunshot wounds.
The two were pronounced dead on the scene.
No further details are available at this time. The NOPD is in the process of gathering evidence and information to determine a possible suspect and motive.
On Monday, Nov. 20, the Orleans Parish Coroner’s Office identified the victims as 16-year-old Reginald Williams and 17-year-old Sheldon Jefferson.
Anyone with information on the incident can call NOPD Homicide Section detectives at (504)-658-5300 or Crimestoppers of Greater New Orleans at (504)-822-1111.
- Saints QB Derek Carr clears concussion protocol, could play vs. Panthers
- Late 2-point conversion pushes Union Parish to 36-35 win over St. James in Division III championship game
- Catholic BR beats Acadiana 55-31 in Division 1 Select State Football Championship
- Monroe Fire Department gives at-home fire prevention tips
- Feds, Mexican police nab four of border’s ‘Most Wanted’ criminals