Disclaimer: All persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
HARAHAN, La. (WGNO) — A judge has denied a request to set bond for Bunnak Landon, saying she’s a potential danger to the community and a flight risk.
Landon is the woman accused of killing her boyfriend’s 6-year-old daughter, Bella Fontenelle, stuffing her body in a bucket, and then leaving the bucket on the front lawn of the child’s mother.
She has been charged with first-degree murder and obstruction of justice.
The decision came after five of the eight subpoenaed witnesses were questioned by the state and Landon’s defense attorneys.
- Woman tried to burn down Martin Luther King Jr.’s birth home, police say
- Second Gentleman Doug Emhoff Condemns Antisemitism at National Menorah Lighting
- Where Hunter Biden’s charges stand
- Funding talks stalled in Congress
- Nearly half of men think they can safely land a plane in an emergency, survey finds