Disclaimer: All persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
SLIDELL, La. (WGNO) — A Slidell man is in the custody of the Slidell Police Department in connection to a bank robbery on Saturday, Nov. 4.
According to the SPD, police responded to a report of a robbery on Thursday, Nov. 2, around 11:30 a.m. at a Bank Plus location in Slidell.
Police say at the scene, the suspect, Herbert Davis, 49, had left the bank when they arrived.
Through further investigation, police located Davis on Friday, Nov.3, during a traffic stop with the help of the FBI New Orleans field office.
During the stop, police say they located evidence linking Davis to the robbery.
“Tracking down a bank robbery suspect in less than a day is pretty impressive,” says Slidell Police Chief Randy Fandal. “I’m proud of our investigators and their partnership with the F.B.I. The two teamed together and quickly took a violent criminal off the streets of Slidell.”
Davis was already booked in the Slidell City Jail and charged with armed robbery by use of a firearm and reckless operation of a motor vehicle.
- A classic scene from ‘Elf’ was almost scrapped at the request of Macy’s, according to the director
- Real or artificial? How to choose the most sustainable Christmas tree, no matter what it’s made of
- 5 takeaways on McCarthy’s exit from Congress
- Fear the Wave: Michael Arata talks NIL and facility upgrades in the WGNO Sportszone
- FNF Southern Quality Ford Dealers Scholar-Athlete: Destrehan’s Anthony Robinson