Disclaimer: All persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — A woman was arrested in connection to a fatal hit-and-run that happened on Interstate 10 in August this year.
New Orleans police said 33-year-old Desiree Latil-Hawthorne was riding eastbound on a motorized bicycle near Dwyer Road on Aug. 20. She was hit by a car from behind, which caused her to be thrown off the elevated portion of the interstate. She died at the scene.
According to the NOPD, 31-year-old Brittney Johnson was identified as the suspect in the hit-and-run crash. She was arrested on Thursday, Nov. 2.
She was charged with hit-and-run driving with a fatality and reckless operation of a motor vehicle.
Anyone with additional information about the crash can call the NOPD’s Traffic Fatality Unit at (504)-658-6205 or Crimestoppers at (504)-822-1111.
- Late 2-point conversion pushes Union Parish to 36-35 win over St. James in Division III championship game
- Catholic BR beats Acadiana 55-31 in Division 1 Select State Football Championship
- Monroe Fire Department gives at-home fire prevention tips
- Feds, Mexican police nab four of border’s ‘Most Wanted’ criminals
- Cold front brings storms Saturday night