All persons accused of a crime are considered innocent until proven guilty.
SLIDELL, La. (WGNO) — A Slidell woman was arrested by the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office in connection to an abandoned building fire on Wednesday, Oct. 18.
According to reports, deputies began investigating a fire at Scuttlebutt Gentlemen’s Club near Slidell on Sunday, Oct. 15.
Through further investigation, deputies were able to identify Tiffany Bruno, 40, as a suspect in the investigation. Deputies say Bruno admitted to setting the building on fire.
Bruno told deputies that she was homeless, and she and another woman were using the outbuilding for storage when she attempted to burn the other woman’s clothing following an argument.
Bruno was booked into the St. Tammany Parish Correctional Center for simple arson.
- Storms overnight ahead of cold front, low-end severe risk
- Life after prison simulation helps community, lawmakers understand re-entry hurdles
- 5 takeaways from the latest indictment of Hunter Biden
- UPenn president Magill resigns in wake of antisemitism controversy
- Florida school district adding 4-day weekends to combat chronic absences