WASHINGTON (BRPROUD)- U.S. Senator Bill Cassidy announced that the Department of Health and Human Services is awarding $777,110 dollars to Tulane University for maternal mortality and cancer research.
“Tulane University has already conducted groundbreaking scientific research on COVID-19, and now with this award-the opportunity to find innovative solutions to defeat cancer and lower the maternal mortality rate in Louisiana,” said Dr. Cassidy.
Tulane is receiving $630,957 dollars for a research project on digital Nano plasmonic quantification of tumor-derived extracellular vesicles in plasma microsamples. $146,153 dollars will be to research the impact of state-level policies on maternal mortality.
- Investigation into recent thefts nets four arrests, warrant issued for fifth
- Curfew now in effect for areas below the Morganza levee and gate system
- 2021 income tax brackets released: Where do you stand?
- Woman accused impersonating prosecutor, attempting to drop her own case
- RTA suspends ferry service in preparation for Hurricane Zeta