WASHINGTON (BRPROUD)- U.S. Senator Bill Cassidy announced that the Department of Health and Human Services is awarding $777,110 dollars to Tulane University for maternal mortality and cancer research.
“Tulane University has already conducted groundbreaking scientific research on COVID-19, and now with this award-the opportunity to find innovative solutions to defeat cancer and lower the maternal mortality rate in Louisiana,” said Dr. Cassidy.
Tulane is receiving $630,957 dollars for a research project on digital Nano plasmonic quantification of tumor-derived extracellular vesicles in plasma microsamples. $146,153 dollars will be to research the impact of state-level policies on maternal mortality.
- Biden says ‘not much time’ to keep aid flowing to Ukraine and Congress must ‘stop the games’
- More than 75,000 workers prep for possibility of largest health care strike in US history
- Sunny start to the week for NOLA
- Tim Wakefield, former Red Sox pitcher, dies at 57
- Woman who fled Maui wildfire on foot dies after weeks in hospital burn unit