NEW OLREANS (WGNO) — The Lakefront Management Authority’s (LMA) meeting on the Pontchartrain Beach redevelopment plan ended with a “no.”
The plan has been in the works to bring back the popular beachfront location.
But the plan has been met with a lot of opposition from nearby residents regarding security concerns, noise concerns and crowd concerns– just to name a few.
Thursday (May 25th), eleven members of the LMA voted to terminate the current proposal. One member abstained.
The developer, the Pontchartrain Beach Foundation, has not indicated whether or not it will start over with a new plan.
This is a developing story. Stay with WGNO.com and WGNO News at 10 p.m. for the latest updates.
- CDC warns of deadly bacteria in coastal waters
- New trial possible for Alabama woman awarded half a million against employer
- Rhode Island city gets bus to help house its homeless population
- Authorities conduct vehicle search for suspicions of illegal narcotics delivery to a Louisiana inmate
- FBI’s Wray faces contempt vote: How did we get here?
Stay updated with the latest news, weather, and sports by downloading the WGNO app on the Apple or Google Play store and subscribing to the WGNO newsletter.