(WGNO) — Is your car, truck or SUV more likely to be stolen than your neighbor’s?
The National Insurance Crime Bureau crunched the numbers– and has released the list of most stolen vehicles in the country – and each state – in 2015.
The report looks at vehicle theft data submitted by law enforcement to the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) and determines the vehicle make, model and model year most reported stolen in 2015.
The top 10 stolen vehicles in Louisiana for 2015 are:
- 2006 Chevrolet Pickup (Full Size)
- 2006 Ford Pickup (Full Size)
- 2006 GMC Pickup (Full Size)
- 2007 Toyota Camry
- 2003 Dodge Pickup (Full Size)
- 2014 Nissan Altima
- 2008 Honda Accord
- 2008 Chevrolet Impala
- 2003 GMC Yukon
- 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe
The top 10 2015 model year vehicles stolen during 2015 are:
- Nissan Altima
- Chrysler 200
- Toyota Camry
- Toyota Corolla
- GMC Sierra
- Dodge Charger
- Hyundai Sonata
- Chevrolet Malibu
- Chevrolet Impala
- Chevrolet Cruze
The NICB recommends four “Layers of Protection” to protect your car.
- Common Sense: Lock your car and take your keys.
- Warning Device: Install a burglar alarm on your vehicle.
- Immobilizing Device: These are kill switches, fuel cut-offs, and smart keys.
- Tracking Device: Having a GPS and other trackers lets the police find your car more quickly!
Read the full report here.