POPLARVILLE, Miss. (AP) — A semitrailer hauling propane bottles crashed and caught fire Monday, blocking traffic for several hours along Interstate 59 in southern Mississippi.
The danger caused by exploding propane bottles forced the Mississippi Highway Patrol to block traffic in both directions near Poplarville. The driver of the truck was able to escape, highway patrol said.
Photos posted on social media by the highway patrol showed propane bottles strewn across the interstate and the incinerated remains of the truck. Responders were working to contain the fire, which spread to trees along the interstate.
- Usher to headline 2024 Super Bowl halftime show
- Ex-NHL player dies in Tennessee motorcycle crash
- What is an inverse vaccine and how can it reverse autoimmune disorders?
- Lawmakers are trying these three plans to fund the government
- The Memo: Worried Democrats fret Trump is more electable than believed