HOUSTON, Texas (KIAH) It’s only been ten days since Hurricane Ida devastated the Louisiana coast. The storm slammed into Louisiana before moving up across the country, leaving a path of destruction. CW39 Meteorologist Star Harvey gives us a look at some of the shocking numbers from Ida.
- ‘Moulin Rouge! The Musical’ sashays home with 10 Tony Awards as Broadway honors shows shuttered by COVIDThe show about the goings-on in a turn-of-the-century Parisian nightclub, updated with tunes like “Single Ladies” and “Firework” alongside the big hit “Lady Marmalade,” won 10 Tonys. The record is 12, won by “The Producers.”
- Watch Live: DA Williams provides updates in Todriana Peters murder caseOn Monday morning, District Attorney Williams will provide updates on the Grand Jury decision in the Todriana Peters murder case
- Humidity coming back, rain chances will followIt will feel more like late summer the next few days
- Newsfeed Now: Congress faces packed week with infrastructure vote, debt ceiling debate; Kid kayaks to school during bus driver shortageWeekdays at 10:30 a.m. CST/11:30 a.m. EST, Newsfeed Now will be streaming the top stories in the U.S. utilizing our newsrooms across the country. If you miss the live report, you’ll be able to see a replay minutes after the stream ends.
- Houma residents continue recovery efforts nearly a month after Hurricane IdaIt has been nearly a month since Hurricane Ida ripped through Houma, and the devastation is evident across the town. Families in the area are working everyday to restore their community to what it once was.