Looking for some fun this weekend? Then get ready for fantastic live theater, classic 50’s music and hot rod cars, and even a festival for Tattoos. Here are Where Y’at’s picks:
Some of this weekend’s events include:
- First, starting tomorrow and running through Sunday, it’s the 5th Annual Tattoo Arts Festival at the Convention Center. Meet famous tattooers seen on “Ink Master”, international guest artists, and other entertainment. If you’ve been thinking about getting a tattoo, or know someone who is, then this Festival is for you.
- Next, JPAS’ new musical production “The View Upstairs” is running from tomorrow night through September 18 at the Jefferson Performing Arts Center. Step back in time to 1973 as the patrons of The UpStairs Lounge help a modern-day millennial re-evaluate his concepts of love and freedom.
- Revisit the “good ol’ days” this weekend at the free Oldies But Goodies Fest at the West Baton Rouge Conference Center. There’ll be great live music to dance to, an antique car show, and The BCA State Championship Barbecue, where teams serve up tasty bites while competing for cash prizes.
- Finally, Coheed and Cambria will rock the Filmore on Sunday night. With a musical career spanning decades, their performance promises to blend storytelling and intricate musicality. Fans can expect a dynamic show highlighting hits from various stages of the band’s illustrious career.
Grab the September issue of Where Y’at Magazine at over 650 locations across the city; and visit WhereYat.com for web exclusive content about where to go, who to see, and what to eat!
- Biden says ‘not much time’ to keep aid flowing to Ukraine and Congress must ‘stop the games’
- More than 75,000 workers prep for possibility of largest health care strike in US history
- Sunny start to the week for NOLA
- Tim Wakefield, former Red Sox pitcher, dies at 57
- Woman who fled Maui wildfire on foot dies after weeks in hospital burn unit