"Top Chef Reconcile is a new fundraising event of Reconcile New Orleans, parent organization of Cafe Reconcile, where six teams -- each consisting of two home cooks and one professional chef -- will compete using a mystery ingredient. Teams will be judged on presentation, taste, incorporation of the mystery ingredient, and most importantly, funds generated for Reconcile New Orleans both before and at the event! Following the celebrity panel judging, attendees will be able to taste the concepts prepared by the competition teams, as well as additional dishes created by Café Reconcile’s Executive Chef Eugene Temple alongside a selection of outstanding participants and graduates from the program. This event will also feature unique auction items donated by guest chefs." - app.mobilecause.com
- Sunday, October 8, 2017
- Café Reconcile
- 1631 Oretha Castle Haley Blvd.,
- New Orleans, LA 70113
- 5pm - 9pm
- General Admission: $50
- VIP Patron Party: $100
"Reconcile New Orleans is a community of concerned people committed to addressing the system of generational poverty, violence and neglect in the New Orleans area. Our innovative life skills and job training program assists young people (ages 16–24) from severely at-risk communities who desire to make a positive change in their lives. Reconcile’s students arrive facing a vast array of challenges, from extreme poverty and high school attrition to homelessness, violence, and participation in the juvenile justice system. Nonetheless, these young people possess a deep desire to break the cycle and become productive, contributing members of society. Visit us at www.cafereconcile.org to learn more." - app.mobilecause.com
Click here for more information about Top Chef Reconcile.
Summer Salmon Salad
- Salmon (skin on)
- spring mix
- 1 mango
- half red onion
- red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno
- lime juice
- lemon juice
- olive oil
- Cover salmon in kosher salt for minutes and rinse with cold water. Place on dry towel and dry.
- Dice mango, onion, red bell pepper, and jalapeno.
- In a small bowl combine mango, onion, red bell pepper, and jalapeno. add a splash of lemon and lime juice. For the honey and Tabasco, add according to taste.
- Wash spring mix, and radish. Thinly slice radish and place in ice cold water.
- Dry spring mix and radish.
- In a pan on medium heat place salmon skin side down.
- Cook until desired temp. Turn off heat and baste top of fish whole butter (to keep moist).
- Make vinaigrette. In a medium bowl, add half cup olive oil, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 tablespoon orange juice.
- Whisk together and use to dress salad.