On Friday, February 26th, the American Heart Association's "Go Red for Women Movement" will hold "Wear Red Day" in New Orleans.
Businesses are encouraged to use red lights to show support in the fight against the number one killer of women in New Orleans.
- Heart disease kills more women than all forms of cancer combined.
- 1 in 3 women has some form of cardio vascular disease. It kills 420,000 women in the U.S. every year. That's about one every minute.
- 90% of women have one or more risk factors for developing heart disease
- High Cholesterol
- High Blood Pressure
- Physical Inactivity
- Poor Diet
Studies show 80% of cardiac events in women can be prevented by:
- Visiting a doctor once a year
- 30 minutes of exercise daily
- quitting smoking
- eating healthy
Stand out while taking a stand. Through February 29th, Macy's will donate 10% of the purchase price of these dresses by Calvin Klein, Thalia, and Kensie (from left to right) to the American Heart Association's Go Red For Women®.
For more information about the "Go Red for Women" campaign, please visit their website.
For more information about the American Heart Association, please visit their website.
For more information about Macy's, please visit their website.