Mustard is crazy-low in calories, but the sodium can quick add up. In today’s Get FUELED segment, Molly shares the best and worst bets for mustard brands on shelves.
- Per teaspoon: 5 calories – 50 mg sodium – 0 g carbs – 0 sugar (0 added sugar)
- Ingredients include vinegar, mustard seed, water, salt, turmeric, spices, onion powder, garlic powder…
Tabasco Course Ground mustard | Vegan, GF
- Per teaspoon: 0 calories – 60 mg sodium – 0 carbs – 0 sugar (0 added sugar)
- Ingredients include water, mustard seed, distilled vinegar, salt
- Per teaspoon: 5 calories – 110 mg sodium – 0 carbs – 0 sugar (0g added sugar)
- Ingredients include vinegar, water, brown mustard seed, salt, xanthan gum
- Per teaspoon: 5 calories – 120 mg sodium – 0 carbs – 0 sugar (0g added sugar)
- Ingredients include distilled white vinegar, water, mustard seed, salt, white wine, fruit pectin, citric acid, tartaric acid, sugar, spices
- Per teaspoon: 5 calories – 70 mg sodium – <1 gram grams carbs – <1 gram sugar (<1 gram added sugar)
- Ingredients include water, distilled vinegar, hot sauce, water, salt, sugar, spices, mustard seed, corn starch, salt, sodium benzoate
- (Molly’s note: nutrition facts on label provided for TWO tablespoons; we’ve included ONE teaspoon for this segment to keep measurements consistent with other products)
Want more from Molly? Click here to sign up for Eat Fit Wellness Bites weekly e-newsletter with links to her Get the Skinny TV segments here on WGNO and more! Follow Molly on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram: @MollyKimballRD – and check out her weekly podcast; just search ‘Molly Kimball’ on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or your favorite podcast app.