Mayo gets a bad rap, but it’s not all bad news. To help guide you the next time you’re making creamy sauces, dressings and dips, or simply spreading onto a sandwich, Molly shares her top picks and worst mayo bets in this week’s Love It, Like It, Hate It!
Note // Greek yogurt can be used in place of mayo in creamy dips, sauces and dressings. Molly’s top pick is Fage 2% Greek Yogurt.
- Per tbsp: 100 calories – 1.5 grams sat fat – 85 mg sodium – 0 carbs – 0 sugar (0 added sugar)
- All-organic ingredients include Avocado Oil, Eggs, Egg Yolks, Vinegar, Sea Salt, Rosemary Extract
- Per tbsp: 100 calories – 1.5 grams sat fat – 125 mg sodium – 0 carbs – 0 sugar (0 added sugar)
- Organic & Non GMO project verified, all-organic ingredients include Expeller Pressed Soy Oil, Whole Eggs, Egg Yolks, Honey, Distilled White Vinegar
Chosen Foods Traditional Mayo | Vegan
- Per tbsp: 90 calories – 1.5 grams sat fat – 95 mg sodium – 1 grams carb – 1 grams sugar (1 added sugar)
- Certified Gluten-Free and Vegan, ingredients include Avocado Oil, Organic Chickpea Broth, Distilled Vinegar, Organic Sugar
- Per tbsp: 100 calories – 1.5 grams sat fat – 85 mg sodium – 0 carbs – 0 sugar (0 sugar)
- Ingredients include Soybean Oil, Distilled Vinegar, Egg Yolks, Water, Sugar, Salt
Kraft Olive Oil Mayo, Reduced Fat Mayonnaise
- Per tbsp: 50 calories – 0.5 grams sat fat – 105 mg sodium – 2 grams carbs – 1 gram sugar (1 added sugar)
- Ingredients include Water, Olive Oil, Canola Oil, Soybean Oil, Vinegar, Modified Food Starch, Eggs, Sugar
Kraft Light Mayo
- Per tbsp: 35 calories – 0 sat fat – 95 mg sodium – 2 grams carbs – <1 gram sugar (<1 added sugar)
- Ingredients include Water, Soybean Oil, Modified Food Starch, Sugar, Maltodextrin
- Per tbsp: 50 calories – 1 gram sat fat – 105 mg sodium – 1 carbs – 0 sugar (0 added sugar)
- Ingredients include Soybean Oil, Water, Vinegar, Sugar, Modified Cornstarch, Egg Yolks, Salt, Natural Flavor, Mustard Flavor
Want more from Molly? Click here to sign up for Eat Fit Wellness Bites weekly e-newsletter with links to her Get the Skinny TV segments here on WGNO and more! Follow Molly on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram: @MollyKimballRD – and check out her weekly podcast; just search ‘Molly Kimball’ on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or your favorite podcast app.