Take a break from the same old, same old by swapping out lettuce for these three hearty combos for veggie alternatives.
Spiralized Vegetables | Beets, Carrots, Zucchini
- Add a pop of color and punch of nutrients
- Added bonus: spiralized veggies stay crunchy, even with dressing added ahead of time
Hearts of Palm Noodles | by Palmini or 365 Whole Foods
- Just 30 calories and 6 grams net carbs per cup
- Added boost of 250 mg potassium
Artichoke Hearts + Fresh Tomatoes
- Marinated artichoke hearts topped with fresh tomatoes
- Tomatoes are rich in antioxidants beta carotene and lycopene, and a cup of artichoke hearts packs in nearly 8 grams fiber, 25% of vitamin K and 50% of folate needs for the day
Want more from Molly? Click here to sign up for Eat Fit Wellness Bites weekly e-newsletter with links to her Get the Skinny TV segments here on WGNO and more! Follow Molly on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram: @MollyKimballRD – and check out her weekly podcast; just search ‘Molly Kimball’ on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or your favorite podcast app.