A typical heart-shaped box of chocolates packs in nearly 1,000 calories and more than 120 grams of sugar! But if you’re looking for a heart-shaped sweet that’s also GOOD for your sweetie, check out these 3 DIY ideas for heart-shaped Valentines.
Salted Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Hearts by Swerve
- Keto friendly, low carb, sugar free, vegan
- 200 calories, 1 gram net carb, 2 grams fiber, 0 sugar
- Link to recipe here
Breakfast in Bed – or Breakfast for Dinner – with heart-shaped whole grain pancakes
- With Swerve Pancake & Waffle Mix with heart-shaped heat-safe cookie cutter, sprinkled with Swerve Confectioners, garnished with fresh berries
- 5.5 grams net carbs per pancake; Vegan, GF
- Ingredients include almond flour, Swerve, organic coconut flour,
Cupcakes with Pink Frosting + Red Sprinkles
- With Swerve Vanilla Cake Mix topped with Swerve-sweetened Vanilla Buttercream Frosting and granular Swerve ‘sprinkles’ dyed red with natural food color (e.g. Watkins Food Coloring)
- 3 grams net carbs per serving; Vegan, GF
Want more from Molly? Click here to sign up for Nutrition Bites, the Eat Fit weekly e-newsletter with links to her Get the Skinny TV segments here on WGNO, and her articles in Thrive Global! Follow Molly on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram: @MollyKimballRD – and check out her weekly podcast, FUELED Wellness + Nutrition with Molly; just search ‘Molly Kimball’ on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or your favorite podcast app.