Liberty’s Kitchen is one of 12 local restaurants in the lineup this Saturday and Sunday at the New Orleans Home & Garden Show’s Outdoor Cooking Experience, featuring exclusively Eat Fit NOLA-approved dishes.
When & Where: Louisiana Superdome
- Friday March 13: Noon – 8 pm
- Saturday March 14: 10 am – 8 pm
- Sunday March 15: 10 am – 6 pm
What: 200+ vendors with everything needed for home remodeling, outdoor living, decorating and landscaping.
Tickets: Adults: $15, Military: $8 with I.D., Children Under 12: Free
$5 off ticket price coupon at www.neworleanshomeshows.com.
Eat Fit NOLA cooking demos 11am-5pm Saturday & Sunday, including:
- Chef Dave Wright of Del Fuego
- Chef Shane Evans of Copeland’s of New Orleans
- Chef Will Sampson from Vega Tapas Café
- Chef Greg Reggio from Zea Rotisserie & Grill
- Chef Ben Thibodeaux from Jack and Jake’s Market
- Chef Kim Kringlie from Dakota
- Chef Brad McGehee from Blue Line Sandwich Co
- Chef Sara Toth from Dickie Brennan’s Steakhouse
- Chef Rob Vance from The Ruby Slipper
- Liberty’s Kitchen
- WELL Company
Serving size: 4 oz
Use this lively side dish as an accompaniment to grilled fish, chicken, or vegetables.
3 15-ounce cans black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
1 large Vidalia or yellow onion, small dice
2 red bell peppers, small dice
4 ribs celery, small dice
2 Tbsp cilantro, rough chopped
Toss above ingredients with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette (recipe below) and chill overnight. May be served cold or at room temperature.
Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
¼ cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp Swerve Sugar Replacer
2 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup cilantro, loosely packed
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
½ tsp cumin
½ cup canola oil
Place all ingredients, except canola oil, in blender or food processor. While blending, slowly add oil to emulsify. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
Per serving: 120 calories – 6 grams fat – 0 saturated fat – 280 mg sodium – 14 grams carbs – 2 grams fiber – 4 grams protein