Peppermint Chocolate is the holiday season’s Pumpkin Spice. And just like those Pumpkin Spice Lattes can add a hefty dose of sugary calories, the same goes for Peppermint Mocha Lattes. But no worries if you’re craving Peppermint Chocolate AND trying to keep your nutrition in check, Molly’s got you covered with these 6 guilt-free Peppermint Chocolate finds in today’s Get the Skinny!
Note: Add a few drops of Peppermint Oil to any recipe, baked goods, smoothies, etc for instant holiday flavor!
Cool Brew Peppermint Mocha – available through January 31
- Per serving: 4 calories – 0 fat/0 sat fat – 1 gram carb – 0 fiber – 1 gram sugar – 0 protein
- Simple ingredient list of water, coffee, chicory, natural chocolate and natural mint flavoring.
- Add one ounce Cool Brew to 8-9 ounces of hot or cold water and/or unsweetened almond milk, or add to a low-carb protein drink like ICONIC for low-carb, protein-rich Peppermint Mocha Iced Latte.
- Tip: Freeze Peppermint Mocha Cool Brew into ice cubes to add to iced coffee or smoothies
- Local stores include all Rouses, The Fresh Market, Majoria’s, Castellon’s, The New Orleans Food Co-op, and Mardi Gras Zone
- Per ½ cup: 45 calories – 2 grams fat/sat fat – 7 grams carb – 1 gram fiber – 6 grams sugar – 1 gram protein
- Ingredients include coconut milk, cane sugar, cocoa, guar gum, xanthan gum, stevia, monkfruit
- Per serving: 30 calories, 4 grams carb, 0 sugar
- Ingredients include a blend of phytonutrients-packed greens, fruits and vegetables, digestive enzymes and probiotics, with the addition of organic cocoa, peppermint, and stevia.
- Tip: Blend a scoop into your favorite protein-rich smoothie or unsweetened chocolate almond milk
- Per ½ cup: 60 calories – 2 grams fat – 1 gram sat fat – 115 mg sodium – 14 grams carb – 5 grams fiber – 4 grams sugar – 6 grams protein
- Ingredients include Milk, cream, eggs, erythritol, prebiotic fiber, milk protein concentrate, chocolate chips, cane sugar, vegetable glycerin, sea salt, carob gum, guar gum, organic stevia.
- 0 calories – 0 fat/sat fat – 0 carbs – 0 sugar
- Add SweetLeaf drops to recipes for everything from fudge, cupcakes, and cookies, to cheesecakes, muffins, and mousses, as well as coffee drinks, smoothies, or cocktails & Mocktails.
KIND Nuts & Spices Bar: Dark Chocolate & Almond Mint | “5 grams sugar | 5 grams protein”
- Per bar: 200 calories – 20 mg sodium – 200 mg potassium – 17 grams carbs – 6 grams fiber – 5 grams sugar – 5 grams protein
- Ingredients include almonds, cashews, dark chocolate-flavored coating, chicory root fiber, honey, glucose syrup, rice flour, unsweetened chocolate, Madagascar vanilla, peppermint extract, peppermint leaves…
Want more from Molly? Click here to sign up for Nutrition Bites, her weekly e-newsletter with links to her Get the Skinny TV segments here on WGNO, and her weekly column in NOLA.com|The Times-Picayune! And you can follow Molly on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram: @MollyKimballRD