Looking for budget-friendly finds that are fast, easy, and – yes – still good for you? You’ll want to check out these five Costco finds that make it easier than ever to squeeze nutritional goodness into meals on the fly.
Thai-Style Coconut Chicken by Kevin’s Natural Foods | GF, Low Carb
- Per 5-oz: 190 calories, 7 grams fat, 5 grams sat fat, 420 mg sodium, 5 grams carbohydrate, 23 grams protein
- Ingredients include chicken breast, coconut milk, sea salt, spices
- Note: Kevin’s also offers Korean BBQ-Style Chicken with similar nutritional profile
- Per enchilada: 190 calories, 9 grams fat, 5 grams sat fat, 4 grams carbohydrate, 2 grams fiber, 20 grams protein
- Ingredients include a ‘tortilla’ made of chicken and cheese, filled with chicken and sauce of tomatillos, jalapenos, and spices.
- Per cup: 200 calories, 8 grams fat, 2.5 grams sat fat, 13 grams carbohydrate, 3 grams fiber, 1 gram added sugar, 18 grams protein
- Ingredients include cauliflower, chicken, mushrooms, marsala wine, chicken broth, olive oil, cream, herbs, spices
Organic Spaghetti Squash by A La Carte Gourmet Classics | GF, Low Carb
- Per 1/4-cup: 70 calories, 5 grams fat, 3 grams sat fat, 55 mg sodium, 6 grams carbohydrate, 1 gram protein
- Ingredients include organic spaghetti squash, cultured butter, salt
Healthy Noodle by Kibun Foods | GF, Low Carb, Vegan
- Per 1/2-cup: 30 calories, 0 fat, 180 mg sodium, 6 grams carbohydrate (0 net carbs), 6 grams fiber, 0 sugar, 1 gram protein
- Ingredients include soybean fiber powder, cellulose, yam konjac powder, salt
*Molly Kimball, RD, CSSD is a registered dietitian + nutrition journalist in New Orleans, and founder of Ochsner Eat Fit nonprofit restaurant initiative. Tune in to her podcast, FUELED | Wellness + Nutrition and follow her on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter at @MollyKimballRD. See more of Molly’s articles + TV segments at www.mollykimball.com