NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — ‘Tis the season for all things Peppermint, from Peppermint Mocha to Peppermint Chocolate or White Chocolate. And if you just can’t stop thinking about these wintery sweet delights, try out our top five finds for peppermint finds that will do your body well.
CHOCOLATE CHIPS | Lily’s Peppermint White Chocolate Style Baking Chips [vegetarian]
60 calories, 3 grams net carbs, <1 gram sugar
- Ingredients include plant-based sweetener erythritol, cocoa butter, milk, chicory root fiber, stevia
- Add to good-for-you baked goods, or melt and drizzle as a peppermint white chocolate sauce
COFFEE | Cool Brew Peppermint Mocha [vegan]
4 calories, 1 gram carbohydrate, 1 gram sugar
- Simple ingredient list of water, coffee, chicory, natural chocolate and natural mint flavoring.
- Add a shot of Peppermint Mocha Cool Brew to hot or cold water and/or milk. Go lower-carb (and vegan) with unsweetened coconut milk or unsweetened almond milk – or at it to a ready-to-drink low-carb protein drink like ICONIC for a low-carb, protein-rich Peppermint Mocha Iced Latte.
COFFEE CREAMER | nutpods peppermint mocha almond + coconut creamer [vegan]
10 calories, 0 carb, 0 sugar
- Ingredients include coconut cream, almonds, natural flavors, acacia & gellan gum
- Add to hot or iced coffee, smoothies, even a splash in hot cereals
PROTEIN BAR | Aloha Peppermint White Chocolate [vegan]
220 calories, 17 grams net carbs, 5 grams sugar, 14 grams protein.
- Plant-based protein blend, creamy inside with crunchy, cool peppermint topping.
- Available at health food and supplement stores, and online at www.aloha.com.
PROTEIN POWDER | Organic Peppermint Hot Cocoa Protein Powder by Orgain [vegan]
160 calories, 8 grams net carbs, 0 sugar, 21 grams protein
- Pea protein + plant-based protein blend, natural sweetened with zero-calorie plant-based sweeteners with natural peppermint flavors
- Add scoop to smoothies, hot or iced latte, and baked goods
- Available locally at Whole Foods Market + online at www.Orgain.com
FUELED Wellness + Nutrition is powered by Smoothie King. Learn about Eat Fit at Smoothie King; click here for the full list of Eat Fit options available at Smoothie King, proud sponsor of FUELED Wellness + Nutrition with Molly on WGNO.
Molly Kimball, RD, CSSD is a registered dietitian + nutrition journalist in New Orleans, and founder of Ochsner Eat Fit nonprofit restaurant initiative. Tune in to her podcast, FUELED | Wellness + Nutrition and follow her on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter at @MollyKimballRD. See more of Molly’s articles + TV segments at www.mollykimball.com, and sign up for Eat Fit Wellness Bites weekly newsletter, here.
Stay updated with the latest breaking news, weather, and sports! Download the WGNO News App and subscribe to our daily headlines newsletter.