NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — You asked, we listened!
We’ve featured favorite finds over the years from stores like Costco, Trader Joe’s and of course our local markets. This week we’re showcasing surprisingly healthful finds at Walmart, thanks to the request of many of our viewers.
So, here’s the thing: If you haven’t been to Walmart in a while, do yourself (and your wallet) a favor and check it out. You’ll find many of the same good-for-you products and brands that you’ll see on shelves at stores like Whole Foods, often for a fraction of the price.
From green juices to kombucha to protein cereals to quality Greek yogurt, there’s no shortage of nutritious foods on the shelves. Here are three creative, novel, and good-for-you finds to try right now:
MaxMallow Zero Sugar Marshmallow by Max Sweets | low carb, no sugar added, grain free, gluten free
- Available in classic style, burnt caramel, cinnamon, birthday cake and more
- Vegan options available
- Ingredients include grass-fed gelatin, collagen, vegetable-based prebiotic fibers, MCT oil, pea protein and plant-based zero-calorie sweetener
- Per serving (2 marshmallows): 15 calories, 3 grams net carbs, 0 sugar
Golden Milk drink mix by My Green Farm | vegan, low carb, no sugar added, grain free, gluten free
- A delicious, convenient take on Golden Mil, an ancient Ayurvedic remedy; stir into warmed milk of choice (e.g. unsweetened coconut or almond milk)
- Ingredients include organic turmeric, ginger, black pepper, cinnamon, cardamom
- Per serving (mix only): 10 calories, 2 grams carbs, 1 gram fiber
Organic Coconut Milk Powder by Bare Organics | dairy free, vegan, no sugar added, grain free, gluten free
- Excellent replacement for typical powdered coffee creamers centered on corn syrup solids
- Ingredients include organic coconut milk, gum acacia and tapioca maltodextrin
- Per serving: 40 calories, 2 grams carbs, less than 1 gram sugar
FUELED Wellness + Nutrition is powered by Healthy Portions Meal Co. Learn more about the variety of Eat Fit options at Healthy Portions Meal Co, proud sponsor of FUELED Wellness + Nutrition with Molly on WGNO.
Molly Kimball, RD, CSSD is a registered dietitian + nutrition journalist in New Orleans, and founder of Ochsner Eat Fit nonprofit restaurant initiative. Tune in to her podcast, FUELED | Wellness + Nutrition and follow her on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter at @MollyKimballRD. See more of Molly’s articles + TV segments at www.mollykimball.com, and sign up for Eat Fit Wellness Bites weekly newsletter, here.
- Saints injury report: Cam Jordan, Pete Werner, and Marcus Maye did not practice for the second day in a row
- Linda Frickey’s widow suing parents of convicted teens following gruesome death in New Orleans
- Young kitten with severely deformed hind legs finds forever home
- Greene yanks second vote on Mayorkas impeachment resolution
- McDonald’s is bringing back adult happy meals