This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Butternut Squash Apple Andouille Soup
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 rib of celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- ½ lb andouille sausage, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed, chopped to ¼ inch squares
- 1 tart green apple, peeled, cored, chopped finely
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- Pinches of nutmeg, cinnamon, cayenne, salt and pepper
- Italian parsley for garnish
- Chives for garnish
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat add the butter for 1-2 minutes. Add the onion, celery and carrot and andouille sausage and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add squash, apple, broth and water. Bring to boil. Cover, turn the heat down to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes or until squash and carrots soften. Puree, and return to pot.
- Add salt and spices to taste, and garnish with chives or parsley.
Click here for more information about Jazzmen Aromatic Rice.
Jazzmen Aromatic Rice can purchased at your local Rouses Supermarket.