This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Banana "Ice Cream"
- Bananas (peeled and FROZEN) – ½ per person
- Cinnamon – Dash
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – Dash
- Almond milk – Splash
- Remove Bananas from freezer 5 minutes before use to allow to soften slightly. Slice into 1-2 inch slices.
- Place banana slices into blender or food processor and blend until creamy. Add dash of cinnamon or unsweetened cocoa powder. Add a splash of almond milk if mixture is too thick.
- Serve immediately.
Optional – sprinkle with walnuts
Avocado Mint "Ice Cream"
- 2 large, ripe avocados, cubed
- ¼ cup Rouses honey
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Dark chocolate chunks, chopped, to taste
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Add the avocados to a blender or food processor, along with honey, coconut milk, peppermint extract and salt.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a freezer-safe dish and fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Freeze for at least 2-3 hours. If freezing overnight, allow to defrost for 10-15 minutes for easier scooping.