Designed by Michelle Eroche, this year’s design features a friendly Dalmatian named Daisy, who has a secret hidden in her spots. Can you spot it?
It’s none other than the state of Louisiana! Although Michelle was born a Yankee, she says her Bayou State roots run deep!
“Even though I’m from Maine, Louisiana’s my home, it’s in my heart,” Eroche tells WGNO. “I love Thibodaux, It’s such a quaint little community and I’ve been there pretty much all my life now.”
The current president of the New Orleans Art Association, Eroche says the concept for her poster stemmed from her time spent at previous festivals.
“My approach to the poster was, How have I experienced fairs in the past?”
And thus, the carnival theme was born.
When it comes to characters, Daisy will always have a special place in Eroche’s heart, along with the privilege of putting her love for Thibodaux on paper. You can get your limited-edition poster at the fair beginning Thursday, May 4. See our full fair guide here.
- Haley draws Trump’s fury after strong debate showing
- Warm, dry weather continues into next week
- No. 20 Mississippi rallies past No. 13 LSU in fourth quarter for 55-49 victory
- Thousands of residents without power in St. Bernard Parish
- Tarleton State gets the most out of early touchdowns, defeats Southeastern 14-13