From time to time WGNO conducts Trivia Question and Call-in contests (“Sweepstakes”) in our local news programs and giveaways via Social Media sites. The sponsor of these Sweepstakes is WGNO-TV, One Galleria Blvd, Suite 850, Metairie, LA 70001 (“Sponsor”). The Sweepstakes shall be subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, all participants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions herein.
1) NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2) How to Enter: For Trivia Questions, enter by being the correct number caller to 504-619-6239 or other numbers as listed on-screen during the Sweepstakes. For Trivia contest, the caller must have the correct answer to the daily WGNO Trivia Question broadcast on WGNO-TV. For Call-in contests, enter by calling in as the correct number caller to 504-619-6239 or other numbers as listed on-screen. For Social Media contests, such as Facebook Live giveaways, enter by commenting directly on the live video feed as instructed.
3) Eligibility: These Call-in, Trivia and Social Media Sweepstakes are only open to residents in the Nielsen-defined New Orleans DMA® (Hancock and Pearl River Counties in Mississippi and the Parishes of Orleans, Jefferson, St. Tammany, St. Bernard, Plaquemines, St. Charles, St. John Baptist, St. James, Washington, Tangipahoa, Terrebonne, and Lafourche in Louisiana) who are age (18) eighteen years and older at the time of entry. Age 21 and older required for some prizes for events serving alcohol. Employees of Sponsors and of their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, prize providers, promotion and delivery contractors and/or public relations companies associated with this Sweepstakes, and members of the immediate family or household of any such persons are not eligible to participate. There is a limit of one prize per person, per week.
If conducted on Facebook, the Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
4) Selection of Winner and Notification: Any time that WGNO-TV conducts a Trivia Question contest or a Call-in contest, the correct number caller with the correct answer for Trivia Questions or the correct number caller for call-in contests will be the winner of that day’s prize. For social media, the winner will be chosen either at random or a specific number commenter as mentioned in the live video.
Sponsor’s decisions regarding all aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding. Odds of winning depend on number of calls received each day. Sponsor will notify the potential winner immediately after being the correct caller with the correct answer to the trivia question. After this notification, if a potential winner does not respond within 48 hours, if a winner does not fulfill the eligibility requirements, if a winner does not adhere to the Official Rules, or if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, that winner will be disqualified. All winners maybe required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and (where legal) a Publicity Release. Failure to return all such documents set forth herein within seven days of the date they are sent will result in the winner being disqualified and another winner may be selected from remaining eligible entries, based on the criteria set forth above. Winner has 7 business days from notification to pick up prize at the WGNO-TV office, One Galleria Blvd, Suite 850, Metairie, LA 70001, weekdays during WGNO normal business hours (8:30 am-5:00 pm). In some cases, prize winners will be offered the option to have the prize shipped via US Postal Service to winner’s address.
5) Prizes. Winner will win a prize specifically mentioned during the live on air or online social media contest. The item and value will be stated during the broadcast of each Trivia Question or Call-in Contest. Prizes may include gift certificates, event tickets and/or other items approximate value $15-$150.
6) Prize Conditions: Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash, and prize substitution will not be allowed, except at the discretion of the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event listed prize or portion thereof is unavailable for any reason. All winners are responsible for any applicable federal, state and local taxes, where applicable, in connection with the prize. Winner will be responsible for any and all additional prize-related expenses not mentioned herein. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsor award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules.
7) Other Conditions of Entry: Entries that do not comply with these Official Rules or that breach the foregoing representations and warranties shall be disqualified. Entrants agree to indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor harmless against any and all liabilities, losses, damages, claims, debts, investigations, fines, penalties, costs, expenses and settlements (including attorneys’ fees and costs of litigation, settlement, judgment, interest and penalties) arising out of or related to a breach of the foregoing representations and warranties.
8) Responsibility Release: By entering Sweepstakes entrants agree to release, waive, and hold harmless Sponsor and their affiliates, subsidiaries, parent companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, losses, damages, and liability arising from injuries, damages, costs, or expenses of any kind (including without limitation attorney’s fees) incurred as a result of the entrant’s Sweepstakes participation and/or their acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize or element thereof.
9) Publicity: By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to allow use of their name, voice, photograph, likeness, and any information provided on entry form in any medium of communication, including but not limited to print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by Sponsor and their licensees and affiliates, without additional compensation.
10) Internet: Sponsor is not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any Sweepstakes related materials; for entries that are late, misdirected, deleted, incomplete, inaccurate, or garbled or entries that are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly or are lost for any reason, including computer, telephone, paper transfer, human or other error, or for electronic, computer or telephonic malfunction or error, including inability to access any website associated with this Sweepstakes, or process any transaction thereon. If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, or if this Sweepstakes or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper playing of the Sweepstakes and processing of entries in accordance with these rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in the Sponsor’s opinion, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Sweepstakes or any portion thereof. In the event this Sweepstakes is cancelled, the Sponsor will select winners applying the criteria set forth above to all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation. If such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension occurs, notification will be posted at the Entry Site. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE (INCLUDING THE ENTRY SITE) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION.
11) Winners List or Official Rules: For any current Official Winners List, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WGNO-TV, One Galleria Blvd, Suite 850, Metairie, LA 70001 and reference which contest or prize giveaway being requested.