Kylee Bond is an award-winning journalist-turned-sales professional, most recently recognized by the Louisiana Association of Broadcasters for Best Use of Digital Media in 2023.
Born and raised in Southwest Missouri, Kylee got her start in journalism while in college at Missouri Southern State University. While working toward her degree, she worked at WGNO’s sister stations, KODE/KSN in Joplin as a Digital Producer, Digital Reporter, and News Production Assistant.
After completing her Bachelor’s Degree in International & Political Affairs, two minors in Mass Communication and Public Relations, and the university’s first-ever Political Communication certificate, Kylee joined our team at WGNO as a Digital Content Producer in June of 2021. This grew to becoming ABC 26’s Executive Producer of Digital Content and leading our team to be named the best in the state for digital news.
Some of her most notable coverage includes:
- Hurricane Ida’s 2021 landfall and recovery
- New Orleans breaking news crime stories, including the cases of Linda Frickey and Tiktok star Brandon “Boogie B” Montrell
- Louisiana State University and New Orleans Saints and Pelicans headlines
- The return of Mardi Gras two years after the COVID-19 outbreak
- The March and December 2022 New Orleans tornadoes
- Some of Louisiana’s most notable festivals, including French Quarter Fest, the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival, and the Ponchatoula Strawberry Festival
In May of 2023, Kylee moved back to her home state, shifting gears from telling the stories of the Big Easy in her words, to empowering businesses across the Ozarks to share stories in their own words through KOLR10, FOX49, OzarksFirst.com, and digital marketing services. Her background in broadcast storytelling and expertise in digital communication, combined with a passion for helping others succeed is what makes Kylee a valuable asset to Nexstar Media Group.
Want to connect with Kylee? Click the links below!