In theory, cauliflower pizza crust is an excellent way to shave carbs and calories, and boost nutritional value of pizza. But of course some are better than others, so here’s the skinny on which crusts are mostly cauliflower (which we love), and which are mostly starchy flour fillers (which we don’t love). One bright spot: at least all are better than traditional white flour pizza!
- Per single-serving crust (7.5” diameter; 74 grams): 120 calories, 6 grams fat, 3 grams saturated fat, 310 mg sodium, 4 grams carbs, 1 gram fiber, 1 gram sugar (0 added sugar), 10 grams protein.
- Fresh cauliflower, whole cage-free eggs, parmesan cheese, nutritional yeast, garlic, basil, oregano.
- Per 1/4 crust (56 grams): 110 calories, 4 grams fat, 2 grams saturated fat, 105mg sodium, 14 grams carbs, 1 gram fiber, <1 gram Sugar (0 added sugar), 6 grams protein.
- Cauliflower puree (cauliflower, water), chickpea flour, mozzarella cheese, potato flour, water, cage free egg whites, xanthan gum, spices (rosemary, basil, thyme, oregano, marjoram).
- Per 1/6 crust (50 grams/1.8oz): 80 calories, 0 fat, 0 sat fat, 220 mg sodium, 17 grams carbs, 1 gram fiber, <1 gram sugar (0 added sugar), 1 gram protein.
- Cauliflower, corn flour, water, cornstarch, potato starch, olive oil, salt, may contain traces milk.
- Per 1/3 crust (57 grams): 170 calories, 6 grams fat, 1 grams saturated fat, 105 mg sodium, 26 grams carbs, 2 grams fiber, 1 gram sugar (0 sugar), 2 grams protein.
- Cauliflower, brown rice flour, cornstarch, water, tapioca, sunflower oil, extra virgin olive oil, sugar, egg, xanthan gum, yeast, salt, vinegar, baking powder.
Want more from Molly? Click here to sign up for Nutrition Bites, her weekly e-newsletter with links to her Get the Skinny TV segments here on WGNO, and her articles in Thrive Global! Follow Molly on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram: @MollyKimballRD - and check out her weekly podcast; just search ‘Molly Kimball’ on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or your favorite podcast app.