School and other closures ahead of the tropical weather’s arrival
NEW ORLEANS – School activities, classes, summer camps, and more, are being cancelled ahead of the tropical storm.
WGNO will be updating this list as more information becomes available.
- All schools and offices of the Lafourche Parish School Board will be closed Thursday, July 11
- All Saturday ACT Testing at Bonnabel High, Grace King High, and Pope John Paul II Catholic High have been postponed
- LSU will be closed on Friday July 12, Saturday July 13, and Sunday July 14. All classes and events scheduled for those days are cancelled.
- Schools in the Archdiocese of New Orleans to close on Friday in Jefferson, Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Charles, and St. John the Baptist Parishes
- All schools and offices in Jefferson Parish Schools will be closed Friday, July 12
- St. George’s Episcopal School’s Dragon Camp and Ready Set Read program will be closed Friday, July 12.
- The University of Holy Cross will be closed on Friday, July 12 and Saturday, July 13
- Carlie Care Kids Preschool closed on Friday July 12
- Herzing University in Kenner closed on Friday July 12
- The University of Louisiana at Lafayette will be closed Friday, July 12
- Nicholls State University- Thursday night classes will continue as scheduled, but classes and activities are canceled for Friday, July 12
- New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary, and Summer Early Learning Center, and Leavell College are cancelling all classes both Thursday and Friday
- The University of Holy Cross will be closed Thursday
- Southern University of New Orleans (SUNO) will be closed both Thursday and Friday
- Dillard University’s Gentilly campus will be closed on Thursday, July 11 to Friday, July 12
- Nunez Community college will be closed Thursday, July 11, with updates to follow on additional days
- Xavier University will be closed Thursday-Sunday, July 11-14 due to predicted inclement weather. The campus will reopen Monday, July 15.
- Jefferson Parish Juvenile Court will be closing today at Noon through 8 AM Monday, July 15
- The NET: Central City and The NET: Gentilly will be closed Thursday, July 11 to Friday, July 12
- Second Parish Court in Jefferson Parish will close at noon on Thursday, July 11, and will reopen on Monday, July 15, at 8:30 A.M.
- Ochsner Urgent Care- Warehouse District (900 Magazine Street, New Orleans, LA 70130) will be closed Thursday, July 11 and Friday, July 12.
- All six sites of the Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve as well as New Orleans Jazz National Historical park will be closed Thursday and Friday, July 11 & 12. They may reopen on Saturday, but if so, without any of Saturday’s scheduled programs.
- All Audubon Nature Institute facilities will be closed on Thursday with updates to follow on following days
- Gretna City Hall will close at noon on Thursday, July 11, and remain closed until 8:00 Monday morning
- Civil District Court in New Orleans and First and Second City Court will close at noon on Thursday
- City Park closed: Thursday, July 11 – Sunday, July 14