WGNO and News with a Twist are looking for a visual storyteller and/or MMJ.
If you are a news/web producer or photojournalist and you can weave a good story with words, natural sound, and video we should talk. It is not necessarily an “on-air” position. So if you can shoot, write, be creative and don’t like having your face on air, this could be the perfect position for you.
We need someone who is an excellent storyteller. You must be creative, a strong writer, a good communicator and have solid news judgement.
This position will produce original content—human interest stories, unique series, original digital and social media content—for on air and social media.
* Producing original stories and videos for on-air, wgno.com and social media platforms.
* Writes stories for the web and social media
* Ability to shoot and edit video and sound
* Ability to enterprise stories
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Ability to pitch stories
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
* Must be able to work flexible schedules, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Email or send cover letter with links to your best writing and digital news products to Rick Erbach, News Director, WGNO/WNOL, One Galleria Blvd, Suite 850, Metairie, LA 70001 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Must apply online as well at http://www.tribunemedia.com/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer
* Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment, and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approaching 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% equity interest in TV Food Network and a 32% equity interest in CareerBuilder. For more information please visit http://www.tribunemedia.com.