NEW ORLEANS -- If you notice a plethora of costumed characters downtown this weekend, don't be alarmed. The largest anime convention in Louisiana is in town.
Here's the lowdown on events to check out around town this weekend.
SATURDAY (JULY 28)
- Moonlight on Magazine: The Moonlight on Magazine block party is Saturday evening from 5 p.m. - 9 p.m. The fun will be between Austerlitz and Valence streets. Businesses will be open late and celebrating with live music, food, drinks and more. This event is family- and pet-friendly. Click here for more information.
- New Orleans Beatles Festival: The 2018 New Orleans Beatles Fest Presents: “The White Album” is happening Saturday at the House Of Blues. The annual event will celebrate the 50th anniversary of the iconic White Album. Featuring: The Topcats, Chuck Credo IV, Bonerama, Vince Vance, Newspaper Taxi, Robin Barnes, Jim Lockwood, Jeff McCarty, Jimmy Robinson, Scott Schmidt, The 504 Horns, and more. Click here for more information.
SUNDAY (JULY 29)
- New Orleans Baby Cakes: The Baby Cakes are in town and taking on the Tacoma Rainiers. Head on out to the Shrine on Airline for some minor league baseball. The game starts at 1 p.m. Tickets start at $9. Click here for more information.
- Sunday Swing at National WWII Museum: Now in its 13th season, Sunday Swing is a popular summer program featuring local swing bands and dance instructors. It's from 1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. Sunday at the National WWII Museum downtown. Click here for more information.
ALL WEEKEND LONG
- MechaCon: The largest anime convention in Louisiana is happening all weekend long at the Hyatt Regency on Loyola Avenue. Thousands of cos-players, anime lovers and gamers will convene. Click here for more information.