Italian Seafood Stew
(Yield 6-8 servings)
- 2 pounds Rouses Wild Caught shrimp 21 count peeled cleaned and deveined
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 sliced onion
- 1 fennel bulb, chopped
- 2 tablespoons black olives finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 cup Sambuca or other anise-flavored liquor
- 1 cup red wine Cabernet
- 1 28-ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fennel fronds (top leafy part) chopped
- 1 lb. cooked rice or pasta of your choice
Sauté onions, fennel, garlic: Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the onions and fennel. Stir to coat with oil and sauté, stirring occasionally, until it begins to color, about 5-6 minutes. Sprinkle some salt over it. Add the garlic cloves and tomato paste and stir well to combine. Cook this for another 2-3 minutes, stirring once or twice. Add the red wine, stir well, and increase the heat to high. Boil until the liquid is reduced by half. Add the Sambuca or other anise-flavored liquor, and the crushed tomatoes and olives. Stir in the shrimp and bring the pot to a gentle simmer. Simmer for at least 1 hour. Season to taste with salt and pepper: Add the chopped parsley and fennel fronds. Stir well to combine and serve over rice or pasta!
Click here for more information about Jazzmen Aromatic Rice.
Jazzmen Aromatic Rice can purchased at your local Rouses Supermarket.