Cookin’ with Nino: Sal & Judy’s Ragu
- 1 Jar of Sal & Judy’s Original Pasta Sauce
- 3/4 lb. ground beef or veal
- 3/4 lb. ground pork
- 2 Tablespoons of Sal & Judy’s Italian Seasoning
- 2 oz. of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 oz. Dry Red Wine
- 1lb. Garofalo Pasta
- Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese (if desired)
- Saute beef and pork until 3/4 cooked, strain excess fat if needed. On medium-high heat, add extra virgin olive oil and Sal & Judy’s Italian Seasoning. Reduce to medium to low, cover and cook for 2 minutes. Uncover, add red wine, stir and cover for additional 2 minutes. Uncover, add your favorite Sal & Judy’s Pasta Sauce. Bring to a simmer.
- Cook pasta, strain, do not wash, add to bowl. Add meat mixture to bowl, stir, top with desired amount of Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese. Serve hot.