NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) - New Orleans' Jackson Square ranks 16th in a list of top landmarks from TripAdvisor.
The historic park in the French Quarter was named a historic landmark in 1960. Andrew Jackson's statue is in the middle of the park, and there's also a breathtaking view of the St. Louis Cathedral.
The study winners were determined based on the quantity and quality of reviews and ratings of landmarks worldwide gathered over a 12-month period.
The top U.S. landmarks are as follows:
- Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool - Washington, D.C.
- Golden Gate Bridge - San Francisco
- Alcatraz - San Francisco
The top world landmarks are as follows:
- Machu Picchu - Machu Picchu, Peru
- Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque Center - Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Angkor Wat, Siem Reap, Cambodia