CDC confirms brain eating amoeba in St. Bernard Parish

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

The CDC confirms a rare brain-eating amoeba has been found in the St. Bernard Parish water system.

The amoeba has been blamed for the death of a 4-year-old girl.

The health department says the water is safe to drink but residents should take precautions.

Officials say the amoeba is only dangerous if inhaled through the nose.

1 Comment

  • Brain Entrainment

    Surprisingly most cat owners agree to take the risk that their feline companions may have

    a lasting but relatively harmless effect on their brain.

    One must thus be cautious regarding exposure to high intensity

    music or noise created by firearms. Yet your journey is about your right brain, where your

    love is.

Comments are closed.