WGNO News seeks candidate who loves pictures, sound and the challenge of deadline news to do video research and editing for news. Video editing experience required. Non-Linear editing experience such as Final Cut Pro and other editing formats are a plus. TV news/production and satellite/microwave feed center operation experience preferred. Must be able to work early morning hours, weekends, holidays and flexible schedules. Send resume and cover letter to Keith Cibulski, WGNO/NOLA38, One Galleria Blvd., Ste. 850, Metairie, LA 70001; fax (504)569-0952; email firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE.
This story has 3 updates
WGNO News is looking for a creative multi-media producer and leader for our newscasts. You are an outside-the-box thinker who also has strong people skills. You are hands-on, organized and possess exceptional leadership skills that can motivate your co-workers. Solid news judgment, storytelling, TV production skills and ability to multi-task are essential. Website, mobile and social media experience is a must. You are a team player with a great attitude. You are available to work various schedules.
You will need a degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field and experience producing news at a commercial TV station. This is not a job for beginners. Show stackers and timid producers apply elsewhere. Send everything via snail mail or email to: Rick Erbach, News Director, News with a Twist, 1 Galleria Blvd, Suite 850, Metairie, LA 70001. Rerbach@wgno.com. Please do not call. EOE.
Are you a brand storyteller who wants to be part of a city unlike anything else in the country and work with some of the most interesting clients you’ll ever meet? The Tribune Broadcasting TV station in New Orleans is looking for a broadcast commercial producer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Participates and coordinates all parts of the creation of a TV spot from inception to broadcast.
• Includes pre-production and planning meeting with account sales executives and clients; script writing, professional voice over and selection of music bed.
• Edit efficiently in Final Cut Pro (Motion, Live type, etc.) and Abode Production Suite (After Effects, Photoshop, etc
• Operating of all portable video (field cameras) and audio equipment.
• Transports and sets up all required lighting and audio equipment including lavalieres, wireless receivers, handheld and shotgun microphones.
• Provides limited troubleshooting and maintenance of field production equipment.
• Assist with costumes, props, music, or other additional equipment or personnel needed to complete the production.
• Compresses video projects for output; makes video copies for clients and broadcast.
• Responsible for the quality of each commercial produced.
• Verify that commercials meet certain legal and broadcasting standards.
• Reviews productions to ensure objectives are attained according to client requirements and insures production is ready for air prior to start date.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES may include but are not limited to:
• Participate at station promotional events as necessary.
• May perform some maintenance on production vehicle such as checking oil, tire pressure, etc.
• Familiarizes various station personnel with all production and use of audio/video equipment as necessary.
- Ability to find and consume the best food on this planet.
- Minimum 2 years commercial production experience
- Advanced knowledge of Final Cut and Adobe Production Suite (Photoshop, After Effects, and Illustrator)
- Proficiency with Mac OS and Windows.
- All aspects of promo production, including motion graphics, animation and non-linear editing.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and a link to your portfolio to Jeff Funk, email@example.com, #1 Galleria Blvd., Ste. 850, Metairie, LA 70001, fax (504)569-0952. EOE.