Spaghetti Squash Frittata
(Serves 4 as a side dish or appetizer)
- 1 Cup spaghetti squash, cooked by your favorite method. (Methods included after recipe.) And separated into strands.
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tablespoons chopped Italian Parsley
- 3 Tablespoons grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped Red Onion
- 2 Teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- Preheat broiler. Combine all ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Melt butter into a large non stick skillet.
- Pour mixture into the skillet and cook over low heat for about 12-15 minutes.
- Transfer to broiler for 2-3 minutes or until top is browned.
How to cook spaghetti squash?
Bake it - Pierce the whole shell several times with a large fork or skewer and place in baking dish. Cook squash in preheated 375 oven for approximately 1 hour or until flesh is tender. Let stand covered for 5 minutes. Allow squash to cool for about 20 minutes so that it will be easier to handle. Cut in half lengthwise and remove seeds. With a fork “comb” out strands.
Microwave it - Cut squash in ½ lengthwise: remove seeds. Place squash cut sides up in a microwave dish with ¼ cup water. Remove seeds. Cover with plastic wrap and cook on high for 10-12 minutes, depending on size of squash. Let stand covered, for 5 minutes. Allow to cool for about 20 minutes so that it will be easier to handle. With a fork “comb” out strands.