Quinoa Mushroom and Tomato Pilaf
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup fresh tomatoes, sliced to small dice
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, basil, or tarragon leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat and swirl olive oil around the inside of the pan to coat. Cook shallot and garlic in the hot oil until translucent, about 3 minutes; stir in mushrooms, cooking and stirring until mushrooms are browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir quinoa, thyme, bay leaf, kosher salt, and black pepper into mushroom mixture. Cook, stirring often, until quinoa gives off a slightly toasted fragrance, about 5 minutes.
- Pour vegetable stock into quinoa mixture (stock may spatter a bit); stir to combine. Bring to a full boil, reduce heat to low, and cover pan; simmer until liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and fluff quinoa pilaf with a fork; cover pan and let pilaf stand 10 more minutes to steam dry.
Click here for more information about Jazzmen Aromatic Rice.
Jazzmen Aromatic Rice can purchased at your local Rouses Supermarket.