You’ll never hear us say that fast food is something that we “should” be eating – but we realize that it’s sometimes the easiest, most convenient option, especially during crazy-busy days like Black Friday shopping! So we’ve got you covered with Molly’s 5 top picks for fast food & drive-thru options!
- Non-battered, non-breaded version of Popeyes’ chickentenders, with Popeyes’ blackening seasoning; formerly named Naked Tenders.
- 3-piece: 170 calories, 0 sat fat, 550 mg sodium, 2 grams carb, 0 fiber, 0 sugar, 26 grams protein
- Grilled Nuggets, nothing else. Available in 8- and 12-piece servings
- 8-pc: 140 calories, 1 gram sat fat, 440 mg sodium, 2 grams carb, 0 fiber, 0 sugar, 25 grams protein
- Romaine topped with grilled chicken, strawberries, red & green apples, baby field greens, blueberries, red cabbage, carrots, and bleu cheese
- Per salad (not including nut/granola toppings): 330 calories, 3 grams saturated fat, 680 mg sodium, 27 grams carbs, 5 grams fiber, 13 grams sugar (less than 5 grams added sugar), 27 grams protein
SmashBurger Spinach Cucumber & Goat Cheese Burger (Lakeside Mall + Magazine Street)
- Burger with cucumbers, spinach, goat cheese, tomato, onion & balsamic vinaigrette on a multi-grain bun.
- With Small patty: 504 calories, 13 grams sat fat, 1160 mg sodium (712 mg sodium if hold added seasoning), 39 grams carbohydrate, 2 grams fiber, 5 grams sugar, 26 grams protein
- With Grilled Chicken: 467 calories & 11 grams saturated fat
- Request “Make It Skinny” to hold the turbinado (sugar).
- Flavors include Almond Mocha, Chocolate, Lemon, Banana.
- Almond Mocha High Protein Smoothie, per 20-ounce: 320 calories, 2 grams saturated fat, 25 grams carbohydrate, 3 grams fiber, 18 grams sugar, 31 grams protein
Want more from Molly? Click here to sign up for Nutrition Bites, her weekly e-newsletter with links to her Get the Skinny TV segments here on WGNO, and her weekly column in NOLA.com|The Times-Picayune! And you can follow Molly on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram: @MollyKimballRD