NEW ORLEANS (WGNO)- Award-winning craft brewery brings beer-centric festival to the area from November 17th through November 20th.
The Brooklyn Brewery Mash is a weekend-long cultural festival exploring vibrant communities in cities around the world through food, music, art and beer.
The Mash is the largest international traveling tour of its kind, stopping in six U.S. cities plus London, Stockholm and Paris in 2016.
Brooklyn Brewery’s latest iteration of the Mash takes a reimagined look at four time-honored celebrations: the meal, the beer festival, the bar crawl and the concert, by curating a series of forward-thinking experiences through collaborations with New Orleans-based tastemakers, musicians, chefs, and breweries.
There are plenty of chances to get in on the fun.
Below are all the places, dates, and times to enjoy The Brooklyn Brewery Mash.
Friday, November 18, 2016:
- What and Who: What better way to kick off the weekend than with a free concert at The Joy Theater? The show, presented by Timberland, will be headlined by The Lone Bellow, and feature opener, The Rads Trads, plus Brooklyn Brewery beer specials.
Headliner: The Lone Bellow
Opener: The Rad Trads
- Where: The Joy Theater (1200 Canal St)
- When: Doors open at 7:00 PM; show at 8:00 PM
- Tickets:Available here; Free with RSVP
Saturday, November 19, 2016:
- What and Who: An immersive, multi-room beer festival unlike any other. Guests choose their own path and explore a variety of beer styles all while sampling some of Brooklyn’s finest offerings and craft beer from pioneering New Orleans breweries. Each room promises a different, environment, a different experience and, most importantly, a different style of beer. It’s nothing you’ve ever experienced.
o Barrel-Aging Room: Plunge into the Barrel-Aging Room with Brooklyn Brewery’s biggest beer fan, Gabe Barry, for a look inside the magic of barrels with their rarest and most experimental beers.
o IPA Room: Rethink all things dank, bitter and tropical in the IPA Room, complete with advice and pours from local brewing friends, along with a few special bottles straight from Brooklyn.
o Saison Room: Get food-and-beer pairing tips from Andrew Gerson, Head of Culinary Programming at Brooklyn Brewery, and learn the secrets behind one of his most tactile dishes.
- Event Overview: A $20 ticket gains access to Beer Mansion for live music, food pairings, games, virtual reality tours, a Cholula Hot Sauce tasting bar and beer from Brooklyn Brewery, Urban South Brewery, Second Line Brewing, Abita, Great Raft Brewing, NOLA Brewing and Mudbug Brewery plus lots of wild and weird surprises along the way.
- Where: The Grand Oaks Mansion (1380 Port of New Orleans Pl)
- When: 5:00-9:00 PM
- Tickets: Available here, $20
Sunday, November 20, 2016:
- What and Who: Over the last five years, Brooklyn Brewery has immersed into a series of different emerging neighborhoods, exploring the best bars, restaurants, boutiques and galleries in their hometown of Brooklyn, NY. Now, Brooklyn Brewery and Timberland are bringing this roving neighborhood party to New Orleans. Sharing a like-minded dedication to urban exploration and quality craft, they have teamed up to design a pop-up bar and shop called The Trailhead to get the whole thing started.
- Event Overview: Kick off your afternoon on Freret Street and check out the two sides of the Brooklyn/Timberland collaboration: a special bottling of our experimental Ghost Bottles and a waxed canvas, insulated beer tote. A $20 Immersion ticket gets you access to The Trailhead, plus beers, lunch and specials at Bar Frances, The Other Bar, Midway Pizza, Ancora Pizza, Crescent City Comics and many more.
- Where: The Brooklyn Brewery x Timberland Trailhead (address TBA)
- When: Starts at 1:00 PM; vouchers valid until 6:00 PM
- Tickets: Tickets: Available here, $20. (note: ticket pick up from 1:00 – 3:00 PM)