Beyond Pumpkin Spice Lattes: We’re getting the Skinny with Molly on 5 Pumpkin Spice finds that are delicious and legitimately nutritious ways to savor the fall flavors of pumpkin!
- One of the only pumpkin-flavored high protein bars in stores
- Each bar: 230 calories - 21 grams of protein – 1 gram sugar
- Made with real pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg – and just a small amount of real sugar.
- Per carton: 110 calories, with 15 grams of protein and 11 grams of sugar (approximately five grams is added sugar).
- Made with whole grain wheat and pumpkin spices
- Each six-cracker serving has 120 calories & three grams of fiber, with less than 1 gram sugar
- Per scoop: 20 grams plant-based protein, 9 grams soluble fiber (nearly 5x more soluble fiber than serving of oatmeal), and just 1 gram sugar (naturally sweetened with monkfruit extract).
- For a Pumpkin Protein Smoothie: Mix 1 scoop Chai Protein Powder + one cup unsweetened almond milk + ½ cup pumpkin puree and ice
2 Pumpkin Spice Nut Butters:
- Roasted peanuts, whey protein, coconut sugar, pumpkin spices, coconut oil, chia seed, flaxseed
- Per 2 tablespoons: 210 calories, 11 grams protein, 4 grams fiber, 5 grams sugar
- Made with cashews instead of peanuts, with whey protein, coconut oil and spices, and a no-sugar-added “caramel sauce” made of dates and sea salt.
- Per 2 tablespoons: 190 calories, 10 grams protein, 2 grams fiber, 3 grams sugar
Want more from Molly? Click here to sign up for Nutrition Bites, her weekly e-newsletter with links to her Get the Skinny TV segments here on WGNO, and her weekly column in NOLA.com|The Times-Picayune! And you can follow Molly on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram: @MollyKimballRD