- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 diced tasso ham or turkey
- 1 /2 lb. diced Andouille sausage
- ½ diced white onion
- 1/2 diced pepper
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 lb. medium to large shrimp, peeled, cleaned and deveined
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup grated Parmiggiano Reggiano Cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Green onion tops, chopped
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add tasso, and andouille and saute a couple of minutes until they are crisp.
- Add the diced vegetables and saute until onions are translucent.
- Add the diced garlic and cook another minute.
- Add the shrimp and saute for 1 1/2 - 2 minutes, or until pink.
- Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside so they won't over cook.
- De-glaze the pan with the white wine and allow to reduce for about 2 minutes.
- Slowly add in the cream and let it reduce until thickened. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Add cheese and cooked shrimp.
- Remove from heat and serve over French Bread or Rice or Pasta.