Fajita Steak Marinade
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup tequila
- ¼ cup triple sec orange liqueur
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne powder
Combine all ingredients and mix well. Pour marinade over meat in shallow glass, plastic or other non-reactive container (a one gallon plastic zip-top bag works well). Refrigerate overnight or up to 24 hours. Remove from marinade and grill on indirect heat 15 minutes each side basting occasionally with remaining marinade.
- 2-1/2 cups masa harina
- 1-1/2 cups warm water
- In medium bowl, mix masa harina and salt.
- Slowly add water until the dough becomes smooth and firm, not sticky.
- Turn dough out onto board and divide it into 12 equal portions. Roll into balls.
- If you have a tortilla press, follow the tool’s instructions for flattening the tortillas.
- By hand, place a tortilla ball between two sheets of wax paper. Use rolling pin to roll dough out into a thin tortilla shape.
- To cook, place one tortilla at a time in a large ungreased frying pan. Cook over moderate hot heat for about one to two minutes on each side, or until each side is lightly browned.
- When finished cooking all the tortillas, wrap them together in aluminum foil and place in warm oven (about 300 degrees F) for 5 minutes.