NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) – Put on your old work clothes and comfy shoes, and hit the French Quarter for a good cause.
The French Quarter Business Association’s Vieux Carre Graffiti Abatement Program is gearing up for the all volunteer French Quarter graffiti cleanup this Saturday, Oct. 8.
Come solo or bring your friends, wear a tutu or go comfy, enjoy a complimentary post cleanup meal from Bourbon Vieux, and feel a sense of civic pride in helping rid a historic jewel of unsightly graffiti!
Here’s what you can expect:
Volunteers should meet at the New Orleans Police Department 8th District Courtyard, 334 Royal Street.
- Volunteers check in at 9 a.m. and work until noon.
- Each volunteer will receive a T-shirt to wear while working.
- All volunteers are invited to a complimentary lunch following the cleanup.
- All cleaning supplies will be provided.
- Volunteers will remove stickers and small tags from public property in assigned areas.
Sign up online or send an email to email@example.com.