Sea Otter Experience
In celebration of Sea Otter Awareness Week, the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas is excited to announce a new, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to have an up-close encounter with a Southern sea otter. This unforgettable, 30-minute experience gives a behind-the-scenes look at the Aquarium's sea otters through a protected interaction area.
The new encounter is available for purchase online and will begin on October 13. Guests will learn about conservation efforts while animal care professionals share the wonder of these charismatic, endangered animals.
- Meet a sea otter up-close!
- Go into the behind-the-scenes sea otter area with Aquarium staff.
- Learn about sea otters and see some of their trained behaviors.
- Take a photo to capture the unforgettable moment.
- Available Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays at 11:30am.
- Tickets must be purchased 24 hours in advance.
- Includes admission to Audubon Aquarium of the Americas before or after your scheduled time.
- Tickets are $65 per person for Audubon members and $75 per person for non-members (plus sales tax).
- Encounters are limited to two guests, 10 years of age and older.
- All participants 16 years and younger must be accompanied by an adult chaperone (21 or older).
- Every person attending must have a ticket.
- Guests with food related allergies should be aware that their aquatic animals are offered shellfish, finfish, and crustaceans.
- Participants must be able to climb stairs to enter the behind-the-scenes area.
Click here for more information.
Scales & Ales
Soak up the sights and sounds at the 7th annual Scales & Ales event with wine and beer from open bars and delicious cuisine from more than 40 local restaurants. Live entertainment and a unique aquatic atmosphere are highlights of the event as it flows throughout the Aquarium and onto the plaza overlooking the Mississippi River. All proceeds benefit the Aquarium’s valuable work in education and conservation.
Music Under the Oaks
The fall series of Music Under the Oaks, a complimentary concert series in Audubon Park, begins on Friday, October 7, 2016, at Newman Bandstand with a performance by the Polymnia Quartet from 5pm to 6:30pm.
The concert series will continue on Friday, October 14 and Sunday, October 23.
Food and drink for the Audubon Clubhouse Cafe will be available for purchase during the performances. Attendees are welcome to bring lawn chairs to sit back and enjoy the music.
The New Orleans Concert Band will perform on Friday, October 14, followed by the Loyola University School of Music on Sunday, October 23. All concerts begin at 5pm and end at 6:30pm.
Music Under the Oaks celebrates Audubon Park Conservancy. Contributions to the conservancy directly support maintenance and improvements in Audubon Park, including lawn care, seasonal plantings and the protection of historic live oak trees.
For more information about the Audubon Zoo, please visit their website.